Monday, October 6, 2014

Home stretch: Tigers in the thick of it!

Seven games remain. The Tigers are 88-67. If they win at least four of the remaining seven games, they will win the AL pennant outright.

A 3-4 record will give them 91 wins, and they will be tied with the Boston Red Sox, who will finish with 91 wins, not 92 as they did in real life because my Tigers were one game better against Boston than the real 1967 Tigers.

My Tigers were one game worse against Chicago, but the real White Sox finished with 89 wins, so in my replay they will only have 90 wins.

Against Minnesota, my Tigers were two games better against the Twins than the 1967 team. So in my version of the pennant race, the Twins will finish with 89 wins.

It's all there for my Tigers. Just win four of seven games.

The remaining schedule: one game at Washington, two at New York, and back-to-back doubleheaders at home vs. California.



No comments:

Post a Comment