Monday, October 20, 2014

Thank you!

Wow, what a project!

The 1967 American League pennant race was one for the ages. Four teams, right down to the wire.

My Tigers survived, winning 92 games and the pennant outright, while the real team won 91 and missed a tie with Boston by one game.

But my Tigers were one game better against Boston than the real team was in the regular season, and that enabled my guys to win the pennant.

The World Series was over in a heartbeat. My Tigers silenced the St. Louis Cardinals bats in sweeping the series. The Cards scored just six runs in the four games.

It was a hell of a ride.

It's always satisfying to finish a project; mainly because (at least for me) it's always easy to start a project and not so easy to finish one!

I have had several teams in the past "choke" in my projects. The 1978 Yankees, the 1990 Tigers, the 2003 Brewers and the 1972 Tigers all frittered away divisional leads in my replays with various tabletop games. But the 1967 Tigers finally got the monkey off my back!

I just wanted to thank everyone who followed this project, casually or not. I also appreciate the comments that were posted on the Delphi Forum.

The only thing left to do is to update the statistics. I am only through 116 games, so it will take me a little bit to catch up. When I do, I will post in the forum.

I think it's pretty cool that after 161 games, my Tigers and the real team both had 91-70 records. Only, in my replay, Dick McAuliffe didn't hit into a season-ending double play!

No comments:

Post a Comment